Wachovia Loss Mitigation Contact Information

December 14, 2008

Here is the current contact information for the Wachovia Loss Mitigation department. Please feel free to leave your comments and questions about the Wachovia Bank short sale process. Keep in mind I am a Florida Realtor and not an employee of Wachovia. I cannot help you with your short sale unless you are located in Florida and are interested in hiring me to list your home. I don’t work as a short sale consultant. This page is here for your benefit and I will try to answer questions as they arise, but don’t post personal information here thinking I will be able to help you negotiate your Wachovia short sale. Call the Wachovia Loss Mitigation contact information below if you need to sell your home short.

wachoviaWachovia Corporation
(866) 642-8608
8:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday
8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Friday

Filed Under: Articles · Tags: , , ,

Comments

16 Responses to “Wachovia Loss Mitigation Contact Information”

1. Logan on January 24th, 2009 12:55 am

after waiting for an hour for Wachovia Loss Mit representative, i finally got through and spoke with the lady named Jerita, her first response was ” why are you behind on your payment? ” so i told her about the downturn in the market, resulting my company to cut our hours at work (up to 16hrs per pay period) she asked about my income and calculate all of my expenses. After doing all of these, she told me that i am short of $300 a month and theres nothing she can do for me, she told me that i have to get a part time job or find it somewhere else, if i have all of these obvious resources, why do i have to let myself be degreaded and be more frustrasted than i already am by dealing with them? obviously i needed some kind of help. She is rude and demeaning, i called them in good faith because i want to save the place that i truly worked hard for, my home and by all means willing to work with them. Wachovia needs to understand that alot of homeowners are already stressed with their finances even before they contact them, after waiting for an hour and felt insulted, i felt like i have nothing else to go or turn.

2. James S on February 12th, 2009 12:17 pm

I’ve never felt so trapped in my life with Wachovia and todays economy! I’ve been dealing with their customer service since July 2008. I do everything they tell me and wait weeks to months for the same reply, “We can’t help you, there is nothing we can do”. I always get some punky kids in their twenties that are rude and disrespectful. My partial list consists of Carl Farias, Chris Petterson and yesterday, Shilo Campos to name a few that should loose their position and possible their residence too after the way I’ve been treated. Or perhaps try having a similar conversation when they reach ~50 years of age. All I could say positive about them is, “they were annoying as children growing up and they are annoying now”.
    I will muddle through these difficult times and will break my chains with Wachovia as soon as possible. They were so rude, that I contacted Wells Fargo too, just to vent!

3. Brenda on April 7th, 2009 4:15 pm

I talked to them and they were very helpful. The wait time was long, but they were courteous and responsive when I got them on the line.

4. Chris O'Connor on April 7th, 2009 11:52 pm

Hi Brenda,

My experiences with Wachovia have been professional and the negotiators have been courteous. To date US Bank has been the least professional and most irrational of all lenders I’ve encountered. I’m glad to hear things have worked for you with Wachovia. Another great ban to deal with has been JP Morgan Chase. Faxing anything to them is a nightmare, but my negotiator returns my calls and talks to me with respect. I hope I don’t get any future deals with US Bank because it just isn’t worth the abuse. I’ll blog about it soon.

5. Chris O'Connor on April 7th, 2009 11:57 pm

Logan & James,

I take it neither of you are Realtors. Do you have a Realtor to help you with your bank troubles? It really is in your best interest to get some help from someone that deals with Loss Mitigation on a regular basis. Otherwise, the stress and anguish are going to really take their toll on your mental and physical health. I’m sorry you’re having such issues with Wachovia. Are you in the Tampa Bay area? If so contact me and we can discuss options.

6. Kimberly Crooks-Artley on May 15th, 2009 5:29 pm

Hello. I am inquiring of a recently auctioned home in Madera, CA. 93637.
    formerly belonging to Noel Winn, County Parcel no. 012-350-065, Trustee Sale # 20081701 and I believe the date of the sale was December 22, 2008.
    I would like to ask for the name and contact information of the agent in charge of the above said property.

Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Kimberly

7. Chris O'Connor on May 15th, 2009 10:11 pm

Hi Kimberly,

I’m a Florida Realtor so I cannot access California MLS information. I suggest you run a search on Google for an agent in that area of CA and ask them for assistance. Good luck!

Chris

8. Peter on May 28th, 2009 8:40 pm

Hi

Wachovia is the worse bank to deal with. I never chose them I was World Saving Client a real bank. I am Realtor for 21 year and Mortgage Broker for 17 years. Wachovia is the bunch programmed dummies in front a pc screen with except if you get a ex World Savings person.

I called them Month before I had problems since I knew it was coming .They help for nothing. I was placed on Foreclouser for 2 payment behind because my last payment they used to cover late charges. Next month when I had all the monies to pay it they add 15,000 for legal fees. I own them 180,000 the house is worth now 65,000. I wanted to pay they wanted to rape me.

Tried to do loan on my own with thenm they want everything in vebal and there workers put down anything please so don’t pissed them off. You are dealing with IQ90 and no EQ skills.

I qualify under Obamas program still waiting. I have now went to NACA for help. Wachovia you don’t need them trust us. Want a joke!!!! So far 2 months waiting for answer on loan mods but only got a call from Wachovia they have new sell date for July 1. I go thanks have to move during summer in Arizona at 128 degrees.

Wachovia should be sue in class action for mail fraud, RECO ACT, Bad Faith, RESPA and fraud.

I have to say all that I have 65 fix I feel for all you on option arm.

Peter
    UNHAPPY CAMPER

9. Evan on June 16th, 2009 3:15 pm

Wachovia is great, IF you know how to deal with them. While it’s true that (last I’ve heard) they still aren’t set up to accept the Obama program, they have something called the MAP program which can lower your interest rate significantly AND… get this… lower your principle balance by up to 20%. Basically no other bank will do that. They will ask you a series of questions that will take about 30-45 minutes. If you pass that initial screen, fax in your stips and you have an answer in a week.

Chris is right… your best bet is to go with someone experienced. I did mods professionally for a while (and pro bono) and trust me, a little experience could be the difference between a no and a yes. It sounds like the host of this site has been through the loss mitigation ringer, if you are finding the process as frustrating and demeaning as some of the people here have reported you may want to seek a third party.

10. Rebecca on July 30th, 2009 7:44 pm

Wachovia is horrible with short sales. They lose the package, after stating they have all the docs. Their customer service reps are so rude, and I deal with a LOT of lenders. They’re almost as bad as Chase and C’wide/BOA.
    Its a shame they treat people like this. They made PLENTY of money, they don’t have to kick people while their down.

11. Chris O'Connor on July 31st, 2009 12:02 am

I just closed a Chase deal and the Loss Mitigation department was professional and relatively quick. The seller owed $239,000 and I brought a contract for $86,000. Chase accepted and we closed a few weeks ago.

The seller had to sign a promissory note for $1.000 only. This means they had about $150,000 forgiven. I was quite pleased, as the Realtor handling both sides of the transaction, and the seller was obviously quite please at getting out from under such a debt load.

12. Z. Burkett, Clearwater, FL on February 4th, 2010 12:23 am

I feel your pain, all of you. I was fortunate enough to find a company that is legitimate. Now I know that the banks the news and government say we shouldn’t go to any company that charges, that the banks will modify your loans for free. Well, how many of us on here have had our loans modified by the banks? A lot have lost their homes, and lot more still will unless you do what’s necessary to save your homes from the banks. I went through what most of you have, I was there. Then I was referred to Corey Lassiter of Clear Image Financial Group. They saved my home. I know I would have lost it to Wachovia if it wasn’t for him, Tasha, Denise and the rest of the people who work there. Got me caught up on my mortgage 1st & 2nd, lowered my interested rate & payment, and secured me a 50k principle reduction. Before anyone else on here loses their homes you need to give them a call 877-940-1477 ext 231. Corey Lassiter. Don’t be afraid of hiring a loan modification company, be afraid of the banks, they are the ones who are taking our homes!

13. customer of Wachovia on February 17th, 2010 2:55 pm

I feel so relieved as I’m not the only one experiencing dificulties with Wachovia. I’m a woman, household of 5 members. My income is less than 30,000.00. I pay 67% of my income towards my mortgage. I’ve never been late on payt. Wachovia couldn’t approve my LMD because I’m current on my mortgage, that was one reason on the first letler I received, then I received another one same week stating that my income is enough to cover my mortgage payt and I’m not at risk.. Any thoughts will be more than appreciated.

14. z burkett on March 9th, 2010 12:24 pm

I understand totally what it is that you are saying. We all are at a huge MAJOR disadvantage in these negotiation proceedings. In these dealings! What I don’t understand is that since I know that we aren’t the only ones who realize this (or are we?), why aren’t more people going to lawyers and compliant loan modification companies to get their loans modified? Instead they will listen to their lenders who tell them not to, then they frustrate the hell out of you until you give up and/or lose your homes…Then you want to find a lawyer for a class action lawsuit. That doesn’t bring your home back…

The government needs to do something to punish these banks for not doing what they agreed to do when they accepted that tarp money…And, we as consumers need to take all of our money out of these banks, and open up accounts at our local credit unions. Money is all they seem to understand. We all know that the President can’t do this all himself. And, the other politicians can’t seem to agree on anything fast enough to help all or most of us homeowners not lose our homes. I feel for anyone who has to lose their homes when they don’t have to. YOU NEED TO DO WHAT’S BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY TO SAVE YOUR HOMES! NOT LISTEN TO THE SELF CENTERED ADVICE THAT THE LENDERS ARE TELLING YOU. Hire a professional to get this loan modification done for you. The legitimate ones know what they are doing, do your research. Find the right company or lawyer (one who knows what he’s doing) and go at the banks like you’d goto court..prepared with the best representation that you can find..I can’t stress this enough how much sleep I got and gray hairs I lost once I turned my case over to Corey Lassiter at Clear Image Financial Group, Inc.. They are one of the good guys. Kept in touch with me from the very beginning, I could view updates on their website, or phone in and speak to the negotiator assigned to my case, as well as I don’t know how many time I spoke to Mr. Lassiter on the weekend or late in the evening via his cell phone. He always took the time to speak to me. Then when my loan mod was approved, I could exhale….They got accomplished in 90 days what I couldn’t seem to get past step one for about 6 months. I will never forget what he told to me.. He said, ” When the banks ask you questions over the phone or ask you to send in the same paperwork over and over again, they are not really looking to approve you. They are hoping you tell them or send them something to disqualify yourselves”. And, the more I read these blogs and forums the more I realize that that is 100% true.

Look for yourselves, out of the 344 comments on here am I the only one who got approved? I must of been the only one who used a professional! You have a better chance of getting approved if you do. His contact info for all you smart people who whats to keep their homes is 877-940-1477 ext 231, classiter@clearimagefg.com. I can lead you to water..well you know the rest!

15. M. Gilbertson on March 16th, 2011 11:24 am

We have/had 3 single family home mtgs with World Savings, one being our residence, since 2001… never a problem. Enter Wachovia Mortgage. Have tried to refinance, and then modify these ARMs – as I was promised I could – since 2008. In Oct thru Dec 2008 I received appraisels on my properties, did all the refi paperwork, was promised 5.0 – 5.5% fixed mortgage on residence, 5.625% on my 2 investment homes, received all the 8 1/2 x 14 documents by overnight pkg, and promised a closing date in early Nov. 2008. I called every two days… seldom talking to the same person… never receiving any followup. I have HUNDREDS of pages of documentation, emails & letters. Finally in Jan 2009, after Wells Fargo bailout, received form letter saying we “don’t qualify” – in spite of 780+ credit scores, no lates in 6 years & previous verbal approval! Again in 4/09 received commitments to refinance 3 houses w/ competitive interest rates… lies – 2 “modifications” came thru at a whopping 6.5% interest, the third application was “lost”. In letters exchanged between me, our Atty General’s office and the Office of the President of Wachovia, Wachovia first repeatedly lied about the Oct. 2008 refinancing program, saying we were NEVER engaged in ANY refinancing… when I produced 18 pages of Wachovia documents showing we were, they said “perhaps, based solely on the documents (I) supplied, it appears that perhaps…”. Finally, after being confronted again with more facts, they admitted to a refinance program called “Operation Green Earth”, taking place at Wachovia “between Oct and Dec 2008”, but that the program was “terminated”. Unable to get any further information out of Wachovia! Now we’ve applied for a “mod” on one of the houses… we’re confronted with repeated requests for documents (as in 60 – 80 pages of them)! They needed a second copy of IRS form 4506T because “the font is too small” to read easily! Wachovia has the deliberate stratigy of frustrating their home owners with “lost” paperwork, not returning phone calls and answering letters, and making commitments they have no intentions of keeping, until the customer simply give up. Obviously, Wachovia is not often held accountable for their actions – Expect nothing from them and you won’t be disappointed! Anyone engaged in a class action suit against these bastards, feel free to contact me!

16. Paul Davidson on November 13th, 2014 6:03 pm

Just in case anyone needs to fill out a form 4506-T, I found a blank form here http://goo.gl/eloygi. This site PDFfiller also has some tutorials how to fill it out and a few related tax forms that you might find useful.