Got an unwanted call from 813-418-6141?

July 21, 2010

813-418-6141If you’re a Realtor getting recorded phone messages from 813-418-6141 and you’re on the Do Not Call Registry please report this company by clicking on the “File a Complaint” button on the left side of the page. Don’t both trying to call 813-418-6141 because the line will always be busy. They are violating the Do Not Call laws and violations can lead to a $11,000 fine.

If you’re not currently on the Do Not Call Registry now would be a great time to add your home and mobile phone numbers. Just fill out the simple form and you’ll soon be added.

If you Google 813-418-6141 you’ll see this number belongs to CaliforniaShowcases.com and realestateshowcases.com. If enough Realtors complain they will pay the price and discontinue this unprofessional practice of continuously spamming us with their recorded telephone solicitations. Please file a complaint. Don’t just hang up in frustration. Be proactive and complain to the Do Not Call Registry that you are listed on their list and still having your privacy rights violated by this company.

Filed Under: Articles · Tags: ,

Comments

18 Responses to “Got an unwanted call from 813-418-6141?”

1. Frustrated Realtor on July 21st, 2010 10:21 pm

Wow! I have received at least a dozen calls from 813-418-6141 and quite frankly I’m pissed. The calls always seem to come at inconvenient times. Today I was putting my child into her car seat and I got the call. It was 97 degrees and the AC wasn’t on yet, but when my phone rings I answer it. Who knows? I make my living from being always available. I could lose a sale by not taking calls.

But who was it calling? That damn 813-418-6141 number again!! Makes me furious that they are allowed to do this even when people are registered on the DO NOT CALL LIST. WTF!? Sorry.

So I Googled that number and found this blog post and see I’m not the only real estate person getting harassed by these spam phone calls. I will take your advice and file a complaint against realestateshowcases.com right now.When I went to CaliforniaShowcases.com it redirected me to realestateshowcases.com.

Oh, I also notice that when you call 813-418-6141 back the line is ALWAYS busy. This is so unprofessional. Who would do business with these people?

Thanks for the links to the Do Not Call Registry. I hope every Realtor files complaints.

2. Clearwater Realtor on July 21st, 2010 10:33 pm

When I call 813-418-6141 I keep getting a busy signal. And when I went to the link you provided for CaliforniaShowcases.com it does indeed show 813-418-6141 as their phone number. So they know they are doing something wrong. That’s why the phone number is busy. They don’t want our complaint calls.

3. Annoyed FL Realtor on July 21st, 2010 10:40 pm

Looks like these people can also be found at http://www.reoshowcases.com/

Isn’t it illegal to make telemarketing calls to people on the DNC list?! Please report these people folks.

4. Mark Sumpter on July 24th, 2010 5:04 pm

Both of the web sites mentioned in the main article are registered to a guy named Neil Cresswell and are actually part of the marketing for sellstate.com which is obvious from a domain name lookup on any whois server. All three domains are registered to the same company address in Fort Myers.

You can find the full address plus phone numbers at the following link:

5. RICHARD GREEN on July 26th, 2010 11:09 am

this is a terrible situation for me. the company basically added an s to my name (realestateshowcase.com) and now I am taking all the fallout for there actions. People are calling my company angry thinking we are that company..

6. Realestateshowcases.com sucks on July 26th, 2010 11:11 am

I too have complained to the DO NOT CALL REGISTRY! Is this DNC a joke? With all the complaints why is this company still spamming everyone’s cell phone!?

7. Chris O'Connor on July 26th, 2010 12:24 pm

This is really not fair to you, Richard Green. I see that you have your web site at http://www.RealEstateShowCase.com redirected to your other site. The solution seems to just give up that other domain. Eventually all the complaints against http://www.RealEstateShowCases.com will get them in trouble and they will discontinue the practice of spamming Realtors with recorded messages. In the meantime you are just in an unfortunate situation where you’re being linked to these people.

8. Austin Mortgage on July 26th, 2010 3:11 pm

That was me, sorry!

Just kidding.

Richard–that’s terrible about what happened to you. It’s horrible when someone just manipulates their name, and you catch the flack. Good luck moving forward and hopefully you won’t be too affected by it.

9. Architectural Salvage on July 29th, 2010 4:14 pm

Thanks for giving me the heads up. I know this will sound very stuiped but I never thought that I could get off these lists. I can’t believe that you are being linked to these people, I hope that these people get punished for what they did. I am going to get off these lists.

10. ai rpopcorn makers on July 30th, 2010 12:35 pm

11. DJ Morris on August 1st, 2010 7:10 am

I have not had any issues since adding my name to the DNC, but on a similar matter….lately I have been getting more and more emails from companies whose ‘unsubscribe’ link does not work.

12. borla muffler on August 1st, 2010 8:49 pm

The Do not call registry is pathetic 🙁 The are so impotent in their cause that it hardly matters if you are registered there or not – you still keep getting these calls…

13. Hidden Lakes Keller on August 10th, 2010 4:06 pm

I have received about 5 or 6 calls lately from them. Every time i say “hello”, there is just a long pause. I am also on the DNC. You are a good person for starting this blog. I am tired of getting this type of mess.

14. Chris O'Connor on August 10th, 2010 4:23 pm

I recently added a feature to my cell phone service with AT&T that allows me to block various phone numbers. I added 813-418-6141 and a few other spammers to the list and my calls have stopped. It is unfortunate I have to spend $5 per month to stop being interrupted throughout my work day by telephone solicitations that are clearly against the law.

15. Tasha on August 19th, 2010 12:21 pm

I am on the Do Not Call list and have had several solicitors call me throughout the day. When I was not on the list, I never had any calls- I wonder sometimes if the forbidden ‘list’ was sold to these people. I have called and complained- thank you for posting this. Hopefully enough people shouting out will make a difference!

16. Dave Kinkade on September 1st, 2010 9:35 pm

Reading this post really irritated me. What is the point of the Do Not Call list? You read the regulations and they sound so solid and promise terrible recourse for any party who dares to violate the DNC. Only problem is NOBODY seems to be in charge of the program. What good is it if there is no penalty for people who spam call for a living?

17. Jason Gallagher on September 2nd, 2010 12:19 pm

Wow, Richard, that’s ridiculous! Sounds like giving up the domain is the way to go though, unfortunately. You don’t want your business to be associated with that. On the other hand, the DNC has for the most part been effective for me. Never got calls from this number either.

18. Eric Graham on March 22nd, 2011 8:18 am

Thanks for this info Richard. Well I hope you get enough complaints to put a stop on these spammers.