Got an unwanted call from 858-623-5577?

July 9, 2012

858-623-5577If you’re a Realtor getting phone calls from 858-623-5577 and you’re on the Do Not Call Registry please report “Z57 Real Estate Marketing” and Steve Weber, the Founder and CEO, by clicking on the “File a Complaint” button on the left side of the DNC Registry page.

File a complaint with the DNC registry for 858-623-5577

Don’t bother calling 858-623-5577 to tell them you are on the DNC list because obviously they don’t care about your status. The Do Not Call list is readily available to Steve Weber and Z57 Internet Solutions, but they clearly don’t use it.

Report 858-623-5577!

Z57 Real Estate Marketing is violating the Do Not Call laws and such violations can lead to a $11,000 fine. But most importantly it makes Steve Weber and Z57 look like they have utter disregard for your time, money and desires. They know you are on the DNC list yet they called you!

If you’re not currently on the Do Not Call Registry now would be a great time to add your home and mobile phone numbers. Just fill out the simple form and you’ll soon be added.

Report 858-623-5577!

If you Google 858-623-5577 you’ll see this number belongs to Steve Weber of www.Z57.com. If enough Realtors complain they will pay the price and discontinue this unprofessional practice of making unsolicited and illegal telemarketing phone calls to Realtors. Please file a complaint. Don’t just hang up in frustration. Be proactive and complain to the Do Not Call Registry that you are listed on their Do Not Call list and are still having your privacy rights violated by Steve Weber and Z57 Internet Solutions.

Or if you’re in the area stop in and talk to Steve Weber at the below address:

Z57 Internet Solutions
10045 Mesa Rim Road
San Diego, CA 92121

Or call Z57 directly at 858-623-5577 or 800-899-8148 if you don’t want to take the time to file a complaint. Interrupt their business day the way they just interrupted your business day. Ask for Steve Weber directly. The guy loves to talk on the telephone and will probably welcome your call. And if you have something to sell give him your best sales pitch. I’m sure he will be receptive and friendly.

Let him know that you would never hire an SEO company that clearly has no respect for the law, common sense and basic business ethics. If Steve Weber and Z57 employed white hat SEO practices  they would probably also avoid breaking the law in their own marketing strategies. Why would you hire a company to market you that breaks the law while marketing themselves? Think about it.

Telemarketing calls from 858-623-5577 are illegal if you are on the Do Not Call list!

Filed Under: Articles · Tags: ,

Comments

32 Responses to “Got an unwanted call from 858-623-5577?”

1. Z57 should be reported on December 4th, 2010 11:21 am

I’m getting frequent calls from this real estate marketing company too. I just reported them for violating the DO NOT CALL LIST. How can Z57 call people on the list and not get fined the $11,000 fine? Obviously the DNC list is just for show.

2. Just reported them! on December 4th, 2010 11:45 am

Thanks for the Blog post.

If more of us report them they will get in some sort of trouble.

3. 858-623-5577 calls all the time! on December 4th, 2010 12:28 pm

WTF is wrong with this picture? I Googled 858-623-5577 and found dozens of Realtors complaining about their calls but Z57 keeps calling!!!

Clearly the $11,000 fine is not actually being levied against violators of the D Not Call list. Why else would this Steve Weber character keep doing it?

I am so frustrated with Z57 and the other scum bags that keep bothering me. Please report them people.

4. Telemarketers suck on December 5th, 2010 12:40 pm

How annoying. I began getting calls from this Z57 company months ago and even though I tell them to take me off their list they keep calling and calling and calling. As a Realtor I have to pick up my phone when it rings or I will miss out on business. All Realtors have to do this. But when I pick it up only to have some jackass pretending to be my friend it pisses me off. Yesterday I got a call and the guy was like, “Hey! It’s so and so!” As if I knew him. Argghhh! Report them PLEASE!

And to think that some Realtors are actually hiring this fool to handle their marketing is so amazing. Z57 breaks the law when marketing their own business. Why would a Realtor trust Z57 to handle their marketing any more ethically or legally?

5. richard leli on December 8th, 2010 8:42 pm

amazingly these guys don’t seem to follow the law too often, luckily there is more awareness about this

6. Scott Berry on December 22nd, 2010 2:30 am

Z57 is absolutely unbelievable. Our office is so completely fed up with their harassment! I have left voicemails and emails for the CEO and VP of Sales with no response. Having quite a response from other Realtors and Firms at http://www.z57StopCalling.com

7. Walnut Creek Real Estate on January 11th, 2011 8:46 pm

What a pain it is to have to deal with these people. I have my # on the DNC and am still getting plenty of them.

8. Calypso Bay on January 11th, 2011 10:50 pm

In the end he is only hurting his brand by trying to get work. Report him and he wont get the message, a tougher stance is needed!

9. Tom on January 26th, 2011 11:09 pm

Please click on the link for the National Due Not Call Registry Frequently Asked Questions. Read number 14 about Business to Business rules. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt107.shtm As long as they do not a auto dialer, I guess the website says it is completely legal.

10. Chris O'ConnorIP ad on January 27th, 2011 11:27 am

“Tom,” (as if this is your real name)

You’re wrong AND you are employed at Z57. I cannot believe you’re making a living off of real estate agents that don’t understand how very clueless you are with regards to IP addresses, SEO, DNC laws and basic business ethics.

Your IP address mysteriously places you in San Diego (with 97% accuracy), which happens to be the same city as the corporate headquarters for Z57. This is because you ARE employed by Z57 and you found this post and are attempting to justify your unethical business practices by tricking Realtors into thinking you have the legal right to make telemarketing calls to them.

And oddly enough you’re the ONLY person to leave a comment on my dofollow blog with a link to Yahoo instead of your own site. Your ignorance shines through your actions very clearly. And people hire you to help them with marketing? LOL

Real estate agents are NOT businesses so calling them is a direct violation of “Do Not Call” laws. You can call real estate brokerages, as they are indeed businesses, but you cannot legally call individual real estate agent’s phone numbers. They are individuals, NOT businesses, and most Realtors use their cell phones for ALL communication including personal.

You guys represent everything people hate about sales and salespeople. Show some respect for the hundreds of thousands of real estate professionals that MUST pick up their cell phones when they ring. Instead, you’re taking advantage of them.

11. Henry Phillips on February 4th, 2011 12:11 pm

Hello Chris and other posters.

I Am an employee of Z57, and I would like the opportunity to address several of the points mentioned above. I am not posting to argue, but rather to:
    1. Clarify Z57’s position
    2. Explain what calls the Federal Do Not Call List covers
    3. Share information on how to stop any unwanted calls (We certainly don’t want to waste anyone’s time, though we do strive to help more agents achieve success through online marketing!)

First though, I want to apologize for any inconvenience our marketing efforts have caused. We, like every other business out there, are trying our best to grow our business. Our sales representatives are trained to act in a professional manner at all times; one of our core values is to be positive and inspiring! Our goal is to make every single one of our clients more successful in their real estate careers. It is only through their success that our business will continue to grow.

1. I’m not sure why the name of our CEO, Steve Weber, was used. Just like any other CEO of a medium-sized business, he does not make any outbound sales calls. He is involved with improving our company and our clients’ careers on a larger scale, and at the executive level.

2. The National Do Not Call Registry (AKA the Do Not Call List) covers personal phone numbers, but does not cover business to business calls. This information is located on a page at the website referenced above. (http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt107.shtm item #14) Real estate agents list their phone numbers all over the Internet, to grow their business. As these numbers are listed in association with their real estate business, they are considered business numbers.

3. Though we are not required by law to do so, we keep an internal Do Not Call list that is strictly enforced. As I mentioned above: We are looking only to increase the success of our clients and our business. We have no desire to contact agents who don’t want to consider a better way to market online. Any agent may email us through our website, and request to be added to our Do Not Call List.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address the above concerns.

Henry Phillips
    Quality Assurance Manager
    Z57 Internet Solutions

12. Disgruntled Bob on February 7th, 2011 1:54 pm

Thank you for providing this info about Z 57. After researching them I now see that basically everyone is sick of their scam. Check this out. They have so many complaints on file about them:

13. Crystyl Ranch Concord, CA on March 5th, 2011 12:40 am

I keep getting calls about this also! Thanks for the advice… I’m going to try to get them to stop.

14. Doors Perth on April 9th, 2011 1:48 am

Z57 is really unbelievable. The information about Z 57 is really good. After researching them I found basically everyone is sick of their scam.

15. Donald on April 15th, 2011 3:41 am

So we all get calls from Z57. I was a NAR event and it was the running joke- “how many calls did you get from Z57?” what did the rep promise you?

I have done a bunch of research on the company and will be creating a link I will share with all of the interested parties.

I suggest anyone who is considering using Z57 look at http://www.Z57.com.
    I would like to think they would have a top notch site up to sell website services! My 12 year old son builds better websites. Here is a game-there is a major mistake on their home page. First person to find it gets $200 of SEO services from Steve Weber. 😉

16. Don I on April 15th, 2011 1:22 pm

There are many issues to consider before you purchase web services. We all do the research for your home buyers, directing them to the right location, style of home and a whole range of personal must-have features.

As a potential customer you need to do your research regarding a website design/development company. I have received my share of unsolicited phone calls from the Z57 sales side in San Diego, CA. I have taken the time to keep the individual on the phone to find out as much about the company as possible. The art of listening is an important skill to have when working with such an aggressive company. NEVER agree to any business partnership right away. You need to research on your own and see if this is the product/service that will meet your needs. After my second call from the Z57 sales rep (in respect to their privacy I will not name names) I went online to research Z57’s reputation and their website and product.
    Coming to realtown, I saw the negative responses from so many of you who have had poor customer relations experiences, poor billing experiences, poor traffic when more was promised, complaints regarding numerous aggressive unsolicited sales calls that is highly disruptive to your business and difficulty leaving the Z57’s services. I actually recently connected with a former Z57 employee who also will remain nameless to protect their privacy. I learned a great deal about the internal organization, information about the owner and the company in general.

From my discussions I would highly suggest that you do NOT use Z57. The sales force is taught to close the sale in a two call approach based on the owner Steve Weber’s former business tele-sales success. Z57’s main business effort is on sales conversion and the sales team has to work hard to make their commissions. The turn-over is huge and the sales environment is more-or-less a revolving door. Once you sign up for service, they will make it as difficult as possible for you to leave. This appears to be company policy. Apparently the Z57 customer base continues to drop because Z57 is unable to meet their 60-60 promise therefore the pressure is placed on the sales team to be even more aggressive with you on the phone. They will scramble a few days before the 60 days is complete to improve the search engine optimization so your website will have better exposure and traffic in online search engines like Google, Yahoo or Bing. Nothing illegal; however it seems that they are far less concerned about supporting their customers during the membership portion then they are about bringing on new customers.

I also have seen posts from agents complaining about the quality of their website produced from Z57. If you are considering using a web development company to create your site, look at the website of the company that is selling you your site. Visit http://www.z57.com and see if this is the quality you expect or want to represent your business. Frankly the site looks as though it has not been updated in a long time and does not look very polished or professional.

To be fair to Z57, there are many other real estate website and online marketing companies that have poor reputations; however Z57 seems to be the worst of the lot. Also be careful when you evaluate awards given to the company. They might be #1 on the list of internet developers, but ask yourself what this really means. You will see that Z57 was recognized recently as the “No. 1 web developer and design firm 10 consecutive years; however do your research! You will see that this award is “based on the number of local employees as of August 1, 2010” They have a large tele-sales team (I believe around 100 individuals) and also have their design team. This award does not represent quality of service or product. When having the conversation with the sales person on the other side of the phone, ask a few questions.” How long have you been with the company? How many people work in the development and design team? etc.” Ask for current customer success stories. The testimonials on their website seem quite outdated. If you are local in southern CA, ask to make a visit. Do your homework. You would not show a client looking for a rural country home a condo in the city.

I will be launching a site that evaluates all internet real estate providers and it will allow interaction by the vendors, past and present employees, former and current customers and professionals. It will truly allow for an open dialogue. I noticed that Z57 pulled their blog site down. Another bad sign when a company does not have a true social media presence. What are they afraid of? Technology is confusing to many of us in the field and we need all the ammunition possible to be able to make an educated decision with who we partner with in the technology space.

I hope this has been helpful. Please let me know what additional features you might like the site to have or add any comments.

Thanks,
    Donald

17. Z57 bugs us all on April 27th, 2011 11:48 pm

I’m not sure why anyone would trust Z57 with marketing when they violate every common sense rule of marketing by telemarketing to people signed up to the Do Not Call list. It doesn’t matter if real estate agents use their cell phones for business. They also use them for talking to their children, wives, doctors, etc… Our cell phones are our personal phones and if we signed up to the DO NOT CALL list Z57 should NOT CALL us.

18. They suck on April 29th, 2011 3:45 pm

I hate these guys.

19. Chris O'Connor on May 1st, 2011 12:04 am

I couldn’t agree more with all of you. Thanks for sharing your perspectives.

20. Carla Muss-Jacobs on August 26th, 2011 2:48 pm

Thanks for the article.

Yes, my phone number is on the DNC registry and I received two calls from this very number. Fortunately, I did not pick up. These spammers, unsolicited calls are annoying.

Funny thing is . . . as a business owner and an adult . . . you’d think I would KNOW with whom I want to do business with and would be able to find said business. If I’m NOT CALLING a particular company, I don’t want to do business with them.

The old adage “Don’t call me . . . I’ll call you” RINGS true here. PLEASE STOP CALLING (and I’m saying “please” because I’m polite . . .)

21. Joe on November 2nd, 2011 4:07 pm

Just tell them to fuck off…I just did.

22. Chris O'Connor on July 27th, 2012 10:37 am

They just called me again. Unbelievable.

23. alice on August 2nd, 2012 10:39 am

I am STILL on the DNC list and have threatened these people before, and reported them….. Does the DNC registery EVER file charges .. This has been an ongoing battle for years now…
    I think the DNC registery should Fine this company where it will hurt…….in their pocketbook….

24. Chris O'Connor on August 2nd, 2012 10:50 am

Great question, Alice. I have no idea whether the Do Not Call Registry is an effective deterrent. Has anyone ever been fined the $11,000 that they are supposed to be fined for violating the DNC laws? If anyone has any links to the answer to this question please post them. What is the purpose of the DNC Registry is nobody is ever fined. I’ll Google this now.

25. John B on February 28th, 2013 12:45 pm

I am Realtor so I know about Z57. Have I gotten a call from them no. The one thing you all fail to remember is the Do Not Call list is only for land lines that are strictly residential. You are a Realtor, if you promote your number for your business, it now becomes a business line, and the DNC list does not apply to you.

On top of that you are a salesperson, being called by a salesperson. Stop being babies, and get over it, or get out of the business.

26. Tara on June 14th, 2013 5:08 pm

Realtor who just got a missed call from them.number is on dnc. I do not understand why violations are not enforced.

Sorry john b you are wrong. The number is prohibited from being dialed unless there is a business relationship. I am filing my report now.

27. Chris O'Connor on June 14th, 2013 5:16 pm

I can’t stand this company. Please report them.

28. Scott Martin on July 23rd, 2013 5:33 pm

Am a Broker, received many calls from them and having asked to be removed from their list stating I am on the DNC they hung up on me.

I filed a report with the DNC in less than a minute. Please file complaints against these spammers.

29. Susan on May 2nd, 2014 11:27 am

They called me twice in a row this morning. I told them that this is my personal cell number which IS on the Do Not Call list, but that I have also told them orally when they called before not to ever call me again.

Why aren’t the fines levied for violations? It is an empty threat if it is not enforced.

30. M Valle on May 6th, 2014 5:22 pm

My number is on the Do Not Call List, yet I get calls from 858-623-5577. I was a realtor in Washington State, but have since moved out of the state and retired my license.

Why are fines not imposed on Z57? Tiresome.

31. Chris O'Connor on May 6th, 2014 5:48 pm

I’m glad you guys are finding this page and are able to at least voice your opinion on this unethical marketing company.

32. Mike O'Hara on October 23rd, 2014 7:30 pm

I get a few calls a week from some shady company trying to sell me something and I add their # to my reject call list. When they call again, my phone blocks the call. Simple. I’ve got a few hundred #’s blocked at this point. Simple.